Friday, February 6, 2009

This Makes My Uterus Hurt

New ethical questions are swirling around the California mother that just gave birth to Octuplets. It turns out that not only does she have 6 other babies (also through IVF) but she hasn't held a job for years, is living off of disability insurance, is single and lives with her parents. 

WTF!?!?!

That is so incredibly selfish and irresponsible. Some may say that I'm being judgemental about this, and I will agree with them. I am judging that this woman should have had a mental evaluation before her doctor agreed to do this. I think that she is clearly deluded and thinks that she can support all these babies on love and mother's milk. She's nuts. 

It will certainly take a village to raise these children, a village worth of tax money. (that sounds so republican of me, I'm sorry, but i hate to say that it is probably true). You have to be a super celeb duo (brad & angie) to even think about being able to afford 14 children. There are already rumors of her seeking out, or sifting through, or considering (depending on the news channel that you are watching) many money making opportunities for all these babies.  Sorry, but we already have John & Kate plus 8, and Sulema plus 14 just doesn't have the same ring to it. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment